Monument and cultural venue
Reinbek with its castle from the 16th century in Dutch Renaissance style lies at the river Bille directly on the eastern outskirts of Hamburg. The castle is considered to be a superbly restored national monument.
Reinbek castle is outstanding for its beautiful architecture, impressive rooms and exquisitely painted wooden beam ceilings. Visitors will also find an exhibition of the castle and town history, changing art exhibitions and a comprehensive programme of events.
The magnificent setting is ideal for weddings and other celebrations as well as conferences and receptions.
The castle, nestled in a park with large old trees at an idyllic small lake, has direct access to the suburban railway (S-Bahn) and is the starting point for hiking and cycling tours in the Sachsenwald forest. The restaurant in the castle with a terrace onto the castle park is also popular.
Many of our events are founded by the Federal Government's Rescue package for culture and media sectors and help to maintain our cultural variety.
Painting by Günther Helm, on view in the Castle und digitally until 24. May 2021
Brief und Siegel
Special exhibition of the extensive collection of seals in the Krummspanner, on view until May 30, 2021
On Wednesday, March 10, 2021, our castle will wake up from its corona hibernation and open its doors.
We are very happy to be able to welcome visitors again after the long Corona break during the normal opening times from Wednesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For your and our protection, the following rules will apply:
- There are a maximum of 50 visitors in the castle at the same time
- Mouth and nose protection in accordance with Section 2a Paragraph 1a of the Corona Control Ordinance (medical masks, FFP2 or comparable), except for children under 6 years of age and people who cannot wear a mask due to impairments and who can make this credible.
- Minimum distance of 1.50 m between all people, unless they live in a household
- No tours
- Access for people with fever and / or respiratory infections is prohibited
- Recording of the guests' contact details in accordance with the requirements of the Corona Control Ordinance
- Cashless payment is preferred
All cultural events must still be canceled. We try to find suitable alternative dates, which we are constantly adding to our Events calendar.
Our box office (KulturKasse) will open from March 15th with temporarily changed opening times:
Monday + Thursday 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday and Friday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.